Get paid early with direct deposit from your employer, retirement, social security or employment benefits. Paydays make people happier than Christmas according to a 2018 Quickbooks PayrollSurvey.
Early direct deposit is the easy way to stay ahead of your financial obligations.
Most banks wait until payday to give you access to your money but early direct deposit banks immediately make your funds available as soon as the bank receives them instead of holding on to your money until your official pay date.
Get paid early with these 10 online banks
Online banks that let you get paid early give you access to your funds up to two or three days early so you don’t have to wait to pay off expenses or struggle at the end of a pay period.
Current Banking customers get paid early with direct deposit. The Current account offers a rewards debit card, a high savings rate of 4.00% APY up to a $6,000 balance, and no-fee withdrawals at more than 40,000 in-network Allpoint ATMs in the U.S.
Current Premium Account Features
- $10 minimum opening deposit.
- No overdraft fees when you overdraw by up to $200 with Overdrive™.
- Get your paycheck up to 2 days early with direct deposit.
- Earn points for unlimited cashback at participating retailers.
- Gas station holds immediately credited to your account.
- Send money instantly for free.
- Stellar 4.00% APY on up to $6,000.
- 24/7 member support.
One United Bank's Black Wall Street Checking Account features early direct deposit. OneUnited Bank is a full-service online bank available in ALL States with branch locations in California, Florida and Massachusetts. OneUnited Bank also offers a second chance checking account if you need a fresh start at traditional banking.
Deposit cash at over 90,000+ retailers nationwide, including Walmart, 7-Eleven, CVS, Dollar General, Rite Aid, and Walgreens.
Checking Account Features
- Get paid up to 2 days early with direct deposit.
- No monthly fee.
- Minimum opening deposit of $25.
- Free Bill Pay, Online & Mobile Banking and Mobile Deposits.
- Obtain Cash, Surcharge Free at Over 35,000 ATMs Nationwide.
The Axos Essential Checking Account allows customers to get their direct deposit up to 2 days early. With the Essential Checking account you pay zero monthly maintenance fees, zero overdraft fees, get free incoming wires and free checks on account opening.
Essential Checking Account Features
- Minimum opening deposit $50.
- Get paid up to 2 days early with direct deposit.
- No monthly fees.
- Unlimited ATM fee reimbursements.
- Referral bonus when you invite friends.
- 100% mobile and online banking.
ACE Flare Account by MetaBank
The ACE Flare Account by MetaBank does not require a credit check, so approval is guaranteed. However, there is a monthly maintenance fee of up to $9.95.
ACE Flare Account Features
- There is no fee for loading your card
- No PIN purchase transaction fee
- No signature purchase transaction fee
- Get Paid Up to 2 Days Faster with Direct Deposit
- Mobile banking app available to help manage funds.
- Monthly maintenance fee of up to $9.95.
My Checking by Nationwide
The My Checking Account offers unlimited domestic ATM fee reimbursements, no monthly maintenance fees, and receive early direct deposit* with Direct Deposit Express.
My Checking Account Features
- Unlimited domestic ATM reimbursements
- $0 monthly maintenance fee
- No minimum balance requirements
- $100 deposit to open your account
- Anytime access to online and mobile banking
- Receive your direct deposit up to two days early, free to My Checking customers
GTE Financial Credit Union
Go Full Access Checking is designed for people that desire a hassle-free checking account with easy access to your money! The monthly service fee is $5.05 plus there is a $3.00 monthly fee for early direct deposit.
Go Full Access Checking Account Features
- Access to 30,000 free ATMs.
- 24/7 Virtual Banking (Online, Mobile or Telephone).
- Get paid up to 2 days early with early direct deposit for a $3 fee.
- Bill Pay, Zelle, and Friends & Family Transfers.
- Unlimited check writing.
- Account Balance Alerts.
- Mobile Deposit in the GTE Mobile App
- Direct Deposit.
- FREE EMV-equipped Debit Card.
- GTE Cards App – Secure all of your transactions in real-time.
Stay on top of your bills with early direct deposit
With early direct deposit, you can get your paycheck before the month is up to pay necessities like rent, utilities, and cell phone bill – all these essential expenses tend to accumulate at the end of the month. Early direct deposit can prevent you from paying late fees or worse, paying overdrafts that can add up quickly.
Boost your savings with early direct deposit
With early paychecks, if you normally get paid on Fridays, you could see your paycheck by Wednesday. Getting your money earlier means more money to set aside for saving, whether it’s for a large purchase or for an emergency fund. To reach your goals faster, open a high-interest savings account.
Side-hustles that pay you the same day
Another way to get your paycheck early is with a side-hustle. The COVID-19 pandemic has shown many people that having an additional income stream is essential to financial stability.
Side-hustles can be a viable way to generate a passive income, get out of debt, fatten your savings and in some instances become your main source of income.
But, there’s another benefit to some side-hustles ⏤ Companies that let you cash out the same day you put in your hours.
Here are some side-hustle options that let you get paid early and withdraw your wages the same day you worked.
1. DoorDash. If you don't mind delivering food to people then sign up to be a DoorDash food delivery driver. Drivers enjoy flexible hours and the ability to get paid the same day. Once you've been a DoorDash driver for 2 weeks plus made 25 deliveries, you become eligible for the Fast Pay system. This allows you to request your earnings immediately, paid to your debit card, for $1.99 per transaction. Learn more.
2. GigWalk. One of the easiest ways to earn extra cash and get paid the same day is through GigWalk. Sign up to work where you want and when you want. As a Gigwalker, it’s your job to assess a particular product or store’s retail experience and report it through the app. Once your account is approved, you can begin selecting gigs to complete for extra cash. Gigwalk links to PayPal, so once a job is finished and approved, the money is sent directly to your personal account. Learn more.
3. Instacart. Every day is a payday with Instant Cashout. Instacart shoppers can choose to get paid the same day you work. Shoppers purchase items and deliver them as well. Or you can sign up to become an in-store shopper who hands the items over to the customers right after paying for them. Instacart shoppers normally get paid once a week but if you want to get paid on the same day it will cost $0.50 per transaction and the limit is five cashout a day. Learn more.
4. Lyft. Work as a Lyft driver whenever you like plus request an immediate payout through Express Pay. With Lyft’s Express Pay, you can withdraw your earnings (max $3,000 a day) as many times as you want but each transaction will cost you $0.50, once you've earned at least $50 on the platform. Learn more.
5. Uber. Drivers can get paid when they want with Uber's cashout feature that lets you get paid up to 5 times a day at $0.50 fee per cashout. There are no minimums on how much money you can withdraw at one time. If you decide to open a GoBank account and have a Uber Visa Debit Card, you can request a payout up to fives times a day for free. Learn more.