Many banks offer a checking account bonus to new customers but most are typically restricted to the location where the bank does business.
But with online banks doing business nationwide, checking account bonus offers are more widely accessible.
Banks want your money and some are willing to pay you to get it.
Top Nationwide Checking Account Bonus Offers
1. Card.com — $50 Bank Bonus
Open a new Card.com Prepaid Mastercard and make at least $200 direct deposit during the first 60 days to earn a $50 cash bonus.
The Card.com Checking Account is FDIC-insured and offers early direct deposit, nationwide ATM access and multiple ways to load your card without a credit check. Here is how the bonus works:
- Direct deposit $200 or more of payroll or federal benefits within 60 days of account opening to get a $50 bonus deposited into your account.
- There is no minimum balance required to maintain the card; however, to avoid the $9.95 monthly fee, you must deposit a total cash amount of $1,000 in the 30 days prior to the fee being charged .
2. SoFi Money – $50 Bank Bonus
New customers can earn $50 for opening a new checking account.
SoFi Money Account has one of the simplest checking account bonus offers. Here's is how it works:
- Open a new personal checking account.
- Sign up for SoFi Money® and fund the account with $500.
- Pay no account fees and no ATM fees at 55,000 ATMs.
- Earn cash back rewards on spending with recurring $500 monthly deposits.
3. Aspiration — $100 Bank Bonus
Open a new Aspiration Spend & Save Account and make at least $1,000 in cumulative purchases with your debit card during the first 60 days to earn a $100 cash bonus.
The Spend & Save Account is FDIC-insured and combines the utility of a checking account with the earning potential of a savings account, plus an overall focus on social responsibilities. Here is how it works:
- Open and fund an Aspiration Spend & Save Account with a deposit of $10 or more.
- Use the Aspiration debit card to make at least $1,000 worth of cumulative transactions within the first 60 calendar days from account opening.
4. HSBC Bank — $200 Bank Bonus
New customers that open the Advance Checking Account can earn a $200 bonus. Here is how it works:
- Set up monthly direct deposits of at least $500 for three consecutive months following the account opening month.
- The monthly service fee is $25 fee. The fee can be waived with a minimum combined balance of $5,000 between deposit and investment accounts; monthly direct deposits to an HSBC Advance checking.
5. Chase Bank — $200 Bank Bonus
New customers that open a Chase Total Checking Account with at least $25 and set up direct deposit, can get a bonus of $200. Here is how it works:
- Set up monthly direct deposits from a paycheck, pension, or government benefits. The direct deposit needs to be made to the account within 60 days of account opening
- The monthly service fee is $12 that you can waive with either direct deposits of at least $500, a minimum daily balance of at least $1,500, or an average daily balance of at least $5,000 in combined linked qualifying Chase checking, savings, and other balances.
6. Bank of America – $100 Bank Bonus
Open a new Bank of America Advantage Banking Checking Account and earn a $100 checking account bonus. The checking account offers three options: Advantage SafeBalance, Advantage Plus, and Advantage Relationship. Here is how it works:
- Advantage SafeBalance: $25 opening deposit, no overdraft fees, and no paper checks. The monthly maintenance fee is $4.95 or $0 if enrolled in Preferred Rewards.
- Advantage Plus: $100 opening deposit. The monthly maintenance fee is $12 or $0 if you get it waived through qualifying minimum direct deposit, or maintain the minimum daily balance requirements, or are enrolled in Preferred Rewards.
- Advantage Relationship: $100 opening deposit. The monthly maintenance fee is $25 or $0 if you get it waived by maintaining the minimum combined balances in eligible linked accounts or are enrolled in Preferred Rewards.
7. GTE Financial – $100 Bank Bonus
GTE Financial offers membership to consumers in All States. Earn $85 to open a new checking account.
GTE Financial has one of the simplest checking account bonus offers. Here's is how it works:
- Use the promo code GTE85 on your application.
- Enroll in Online Banking. This is a free service to GTE Financial members and one of the best virtual banking platforms in the nation.
- Once you complete steps 1 and 2, you will be eligible to receive the $85 welcome bonus, which will be deposited into your account within 14 days of your account opening.