Many banks offer a checking account bonus to new customers but most are only available to people located in the states where the bank location.
Checking account bonus offers are typically restricted to the location where the bank does business. But with online banks doing business nationwide, checking account bonus offers are now more widely accessible.
Banks want your money and some are willing to pay you to get it.
Top Nationwide Checking Account Bonus Offers
1. Langley Federal Credit Union – $30 Bank Bonus
New customers can earn $30 for opening a new checking account.
Langley Federal Credit Union has one of the simplest checking account bonus offers. Here's is how it works:
- Open a new personal checking account.
- Make 10 debit card transactions within the first 60 days of having the account .
- You’ll pay no monthly service charges to keep your account open.
- $5 minimum opening deposit required.
2. Aspiration — $100 Bank Bonus
Open a new Aspiration Spend & Save Account and make at least $1,000 in cumulative purchases with your debit card during the first 60 days to earn a $100 cash bonus.
The Spend & Save Account is FDIC-insured and combines the utility of a checking account with the earning potential of a savings account, plus an overall focus on social responsibilities. Here is how it works:
- Open and fund an Aspiration Spend & Save Account with a deposit of $10 or more.
- Use the Aspiration debit card to make at least $1,000 worth of cumulative transactions within the first 60 calendar days from account opening.
3. HSBC Bank — $200 Bank Bonus
New customers that open the Advance Checking Account can earn a $200 bonus. Here is how it works:
- Set up monthly direct deposits of at least $500 for three consecutive months following the account opening month.
- The monthly service fee is $25 fee. The fee can be waived with a minimum combined balance of $5,000 between deposit and investment accounts; monthly direct deposits to an HSBC Advance checking.
4. Chase Bank — $200 Bank Bonus
New customers that open a Chase Total Checking Account with at least $25 and set up direct deposit, can get a bonus of $200. Here is how it works:
- Set up monthly direct deposits from a paycheck, pension, or government benefits. The direct deposit needs to be made to the account within 60 days of account opening
- The monthly service fee is $12 that you can waive with either direct deposits of at least $500, a minimum daily balance of at least $1,500, or an average daily balance of at least $5,000 in combined linked qualifying Chase checking, savings, and other balances.
5. Bank of America – $100 Bank Bonus
Open a new Bank of America Advantage Banking Checking Account and earn a $100 checking account bonus. The checking account offers three options: Advantage SafeBalance, Advantage Plus, and Advantage Relationship. Here is how it works:
- Advantage SafeBalance: $25 opening deposit, no overdraft fees, and no paper checks. The monthly maintenance fee is $4.95 or $0 if enrolled in Preferred Rewards.
- Advantage Plus: $100 opening deposit. The monthly maintenance fee is $12 or $0 if you get it waived through qualifying minimum direct deposit, or maintain the minimum daily balance requirements, or are enrolled in Preferred Rewards.
- Advantage Relationship: $100 opening deposit. The monthly maintenance fee is $25 or $0 if you get it waived by maintaining the minimum combined balances in eligible linked accounts or are enrolled in Preferred Rewards.
6. GTE Financial – $100 Bank Bonus
GTE Financial offers membership to consumers in All States. Earn $100 to open a new checking account and set up a monthly direct deposit of $500 or more. Choose from four checking accounts.
GTE Financial has one of the simplest checking account bonus offers. Here's is how it works:
- Use the promo code CHECK100 on your application.
- set up a monthly direct deposit of $500 or more.
- Choose from 3 Checking Accounts: GO PREMIUM WITH GTE SECURE™, GO FULL ACCESS CHECKING and GO FURTHER CHECKING.