Many banks offer a checking account bonus to new customers but most are only available to people located in the states where the bank location.
Checking account bonus offers are typically restricted to the location where the bank does business. But with online banks doing business nationwide, checking account bonus offers are now more widely accessible.
Banks want your money and some are willing to pay you to get it.
5 Nationwide Checking Account Bonus Offers
1. Aspiration — $100 Bonus Offer
Open a new Aspiration Spend & Save Account and make at least $1,000 in cumulative purchases with your debit card during the first 60 days to earn a $100 cash bonus. The Spend & Save Account is FDIC-insured and combines the utility of a checking account with the earnings potential of a savings account, plus an overall focus on social responsibilitys. Here is how it works:
- Open and fund an Aspiration Spend & Save Account with a deposit of $10 or more.
- Use the Aspiration debit card to make at least $1,000 worth of cumulative transactions within the first 60 calendar days from account opening.
2. HSBC Bank — $200 Bonus Offer
New customers that open the Advance Checking Account can earn a $200 bonus. Here is how it works:
- Set up monthly direct deposits of at least $500 for three consecutive months following the account opening month.
- The monthly service fee is a $25 fee. The fee can be waived with a minimum combined balance of $5,000 between deposit and investment accounts; monthly direct deposits to an HSBC Advance checking.
3. Chase Bank — $200 Bonus Offer
New customers that open a Chase Total Checking Account with at least $25 and set up direct deposit, can get a bonus of $200. Here is how it works:
- Set up monthly direct deposits from a paycheck, pension, or government benefits. The direct deposit needs to be made to the account within 60 days of account opening
- The monthly service fee is a $12 that you can waive with either direct deposits of at least $500, a minimum daily balance of at least $1,500, or an average daily balance of at least $5,000 in combined linked qualifying Chase checking, savings, and other balances.
4. Bank of America – $100 Bonus Offer
Open a new Bank of America Advantage Banking Checking Account and earn a $100 checking account bonus. The checking account offers three options: Advantage SafeBalance, Advantage Plus, and Advantage Relationship. Here is how it works:
- Advantage SafeBalance: $25 opening deposit, no overdraft fees, and no paper checks. The monthly maintenance fee is $4.95 or $0 if enrolled Preferred Rewards.
- Advantage Plus: $100 opening deposit. The monthly maintenance fee is $12 or $0 if you get it waived through qualifying minimum direct deposit, or maintain the minimum daily balance requirements, or are enrolled in Preferred Rewards.
- Advantage Relationship: $100 opening deposit. The monthly maintenance fee is $25 or $0 if you get it waived by maintaining the minimum combined balances in eligible linked accounts or are enrolled in Preferred Rewards.
5. BBVA Online Checking [Offer Expired]
One checking account promotion stands out this month at BBVA Bank. New customers can earn up to $250 for opening new accounts. Earn $200 for opening the BBVA Online Checking Account and $50 for the BBVA Savings Account.
BBVA Bank has one of the simplest checking account bonus offers. Here's is how it works:
- Open a BBVA Online Checking account by Aug. 21, 2020, for the opportunity to earn up to $200 in bonus cash.
- Receive at least ONE qualifying direct deposit of $500 or more by Oct. 31, 2020.
- You’ll pay no monthly service fees to keep your account open.
- $25 minimum opening deposit required.
Editor's Choice: BBVA is our top choice because there are no requirements for free checking. BBVA Online Checking is totally free.
The offers that appear on Bankiful.com's website are from companies from which bankiful.com receives compensation. This compensation may influence the selection, appearance, and order of appearance of the offers listed on the website. However, this compensation also facilitates the provision by rebuildcreditscores.com of certain services to you at no charge. The website does not include all financial institutions or all of their available product and service offerings.